Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mount Rainier

Proof for all of my fans that YES we did make it!!! This is Dave Black (and his glasses that he took off some dead guy on Everest) and me at 14,411 feet right before the clouds came over and eliminated our view from the summit.
This is an eastern sunrise view of Little Tahoma.

If you look closely you can see tents down on the snowfield and a small ant track of a trail leading to our current height. The mountain in the background is Mt. Adams. The best part of this picture are the monster crevasses.


Absolutely wonderful colors (blues especially). Also, a great example of why you rope up...don't slip!



Where's the bottom?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried twice to comment, and both times it said it hadn't been successful! That's probably because I said your pictures terrified me and it's a good thing I didn't know what it would be like or I would have flown home and locked you in your crawl space! Oh, well! I am really proud of your accomplishment, Andy, but I wouldn't care if you just settled for more marathons instead of mountain climbing! At least the ruts in the road aren't as deep as the crevasses in the mountains!

    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could do a voice comment complete with fake-high-pitched-woman's voice I would make fun of Mom's comment. But since I don't, I'll just say that the picture with the stubble is manly and for those that don't know better, all those pictures are shots I took from Saddlerock. Nice try, though.

    ReplyDelete