Wednesday, December 15, 2010

(Really) Young Love

Merry Christmas to our two faithful blog readers! I hope you are enjoying your delicious December days! We certainly are! We are ripping chain pieces apart each day (counting the days and minutes until Christmas morning), singing wonderful Christmas songs, listening to Kallie play Christmas carols on the piano, making sweet treats to fatten us up, and enjoying the Christmas stories we are reading and spirit we are feeling!

OK, so this really has nothing to do with Christmas, but it made me chuckle so I just have to share it... our little Emma has two little friends who are boys who she really enjoys playing with... one is our neighbor, Rex, who she plays with almost every day that you can play outside...last summer Emma and Rex decided they wanted to get married. Well, this fall she met a new friend, whose name is Owen, who is an older boy (he is already 5 you see). They found out they can dance really well together and after dancing together at preschool one day, Emma came home and told me that she and Owen had decided to get married. Today she and Rex were playing together and she told him about her other love, and that he is "a boy who is 5, who I want to marry too" to which Rex replies, "no, I am just going to marry you.. when I am 13." This made me laugh out loud! So I say, "Well, probably not when you are 13," Quickly he said, "OK, when I am 45." :) I couldn't help but laugh again (this time inside myself)! Young Love! Oh, well... good thing they don't have to worry about it since they are so young (well, Rex is turning 5 tomorrow). Here are a couple pictures I have of Emma and Owen and Emma and Rex (just in case it works out with either one! :)) Aren't they all darling?Emma and Owen - dancing at preschool of course!

Emma with Rex - Lia is the chaperone

2 comments: