Luckily, he didn't! :) They had a great time at the dance, square dancing and doing the chicken dance, having root beer floats! When they got home Kallie was just beaming from ear to ear! She had such a great time! Here is a picture I took of Kallie with her dang good-looking cowboy date, Andy....
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Western Night at River Heights Elementary
Last week Kallie took her dad to Western Night, an event where elementary-aged girls and boys take their dad or mom to a country dance, where there is square dancing, line dancing, pictures, and even root beer floats! :) Kallie has been looking forward to this event for about 6 weeks! She had all the details of the evening worked out, the clothes she would wear (boots, cowgirl shirt from our neighbor (who is a real cowgirl), cowgirl hat from the rodeo last year...) she even had what her dad would wear all worked out, down to the pair of shoes he would wear so that he could look as much like a cowboy as possible! :) The night before the event she only reminded her dad about 10 times of the time and place of the event! I loved seeing her excitement of this one-hour school activity! When I was putting her to bed that night she asked so sweetly, "Um, Mom, could you just remind Dad one more time in the morning about Western Night and that we need to be there right at 6pm?" I told her I would sure tell him so he wouldn't forget. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






oh so darling! I can just see andy dancing with her now! He's such a good daddy!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Such a fun school activity.
ReplyDelete