Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our big 2 year old, her birthday board, and the kitty cake!

Happy birthday to our little Lia Kate! Today she is two! You should hear her say, "I two!" while trying to figure out how many fingers two are and how to get two fingers up in the air. I love it! Two-year-old birthday parties are so fun because the two-year-old doesn't get that it is her birthday, but loves the balloons, the extra loves, and especially the cake! Tonight Lia ate cake, cake, and yes, even MORE cake! It was her afternoon snack, dinner appetizer, main course, and dessert! It is a Lund tradition to make a special cake with a theme that the birthday girl (or boy) loves at that time! Well, it certainly wasn't hard to choose the kind of cake we would make for Lia! Kitty all the way (Lia is in love with Erick and Mandy's kitty... I almost bought her one for her birthday but I just couldn't do it... so I bought the next best thing... a kitty calendar for my kitchen, now she can look at the kitty any time she wants and I don't have to feed, clean or watch the kitty. I think I got the better end of the deal but she seems pleased for now)... so, Kallie helped with the cake and she did a great job! Here is it! Lia literally ate that kitty cake up! Emma helped with another great Lund birthday tradition, the birthday board! The deal is this, you tape up old (like baby) and recent pictures of the person on the wall and write little "love" notes about the person... it is a great tradition! I used my new Cricut expression to cut the no. 2 and the flowers, leaves, and flower centers. It is certainly a SWEET machine! Thanks Santa for such a very awesome and great gift! Here's a picture of the board... Happy birthday, once again, our sweet beautiful Lia! We love your spicy, determined personality, your wet kisses, the way you say "gain" and "ka-ku mama" (thank you mama), how you call yourself "enna", that you want to do everything your big sisters do. We love your newest word, "Sure!" and it makes us happy when we hear you say it! We feel so blessed to have you in our family! We love you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to our beautiful Lia. I can't wait to give you a big love next week. Two years old already! We love you, Grandma and Grandpa Lichfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday little Lia. I still can't believe you are already 2!!! Katie, it looks like you are enjoying your cricut. I wish we lived closer so we could chirp with our cricuts together. Love the cake too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she is 2!! I remember babysitting when she was just 2 months old and loving every minute of it! Such sweet girls Katie! I love your tradition of the birthday board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b-day sweet Lia! We love you! The cake rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I can't wait to see the picture of your pixie cut hair. I've been checking everyday to see if you posted a picture. It was so, so fun to chat with you on the phone the other day. I love you so much katie.

    ReplyDelete