
Happy Birthday Emma! Our big four year-old! Our little Emma has anticipated her birthday for months so it was a big day for her! Here are a few highlights of her birthday. The night before her birthday she helped me put her birthday board up, which I thought she might want have as a surprise but she was not interested in the surprise for a moment, but she sure was interested in the fun of putting tape on the back of paper and pictures and sticking them on the wall (again I used my cricut and loved it!!!). Here's a picture of the finished product (Kallie made the heart, snowman, and blue blob).

On her birthday Emma started asking about 7:30am, "Mom, am I four yet?" (We waited for the exact moment of Lia's birth to say "happy birthday", so Emma was waiting for that same special moment!) Emma was born at 8:19am so she had to wait a few more minutes to actually turn four. Well, she forgot about it for a while (and so did we) and when about 9:30am came, Kallie said to her, "Emma, happy birthday, you are four!" Emma said, very sternly,"I am not four yet!" We all laughed and said, "You are four now!! Happy birthday!" She was so proud to be four and glowed her new four-year-old glow all day!!! It was great. One moment I loved was when she came up to me and said,"Mom will you hold me?" (and then so proudly) "Oh, I guess you can't anymore, because I'm a big four year old now!" (She and Lia are about the same weight so I can certainly still hold her, but I didn't want her to know that!). She was happy to get a birthday princess balloon and go bowling with a few friends. Andy and I laughed at the bowling alley because the girls couldn't even throw (or push) the bowling ball down the lane, but she was so happy! I think she thought it would be more like our Wii bowling game, where the remote weighs nothing! Oh, well. Here's a picture of she and her friends.

After bowling she got to share her Tinkerbell birthday cake! I looked all over for a Tinkerbell toy to put in the middle of her cake and finally found it at the $1 store. I have to remember to always go there first!

One other birthday tradition we are trying to start (since the girls are older now) is a birthday interview. Well, it was fun to hear Emma's answers to her birthday interview questions. We learned she is 38" tall, 28 lbs, wears a size 8 shoe, her favorite color is pink, of course, her favorite toys are her new twin babies (she got for her birthday), her favorite song is "I wonder when he comes again" and her favorite book is Curious George! We sure love our little Emma and are so glad she had a happy birthday! I got a great gift on her birthday too! A big thank you and I love you kiss!
No comments:
Post a Comment