Monday, September 19, 2011

A Little Canning and Crafting

While Andy trained for his bike race this summer I tried to keep busy, too! I learned how to jar pickles (thanks to my friend/neighbor Valerie's instruction) - these are the first 6 quarts I did, made from home-grown cucumbers! So fun!
I made delicious food from Wyoma's (my wonderful mother-in-law) latest recipe book, called Our Best Bites. This is Cobb salad with grilled chicken, turkey bacon, boiled eggs, green onion, tomatoes, and olives over romaine lettuce! It was so yummy!
And I tried to do some artsy and crafty stuff, too! These are invitations to our second annual block party/ice cream social! (The ice cream on the invite is made with gift wrap tissue.) Kallie planned the kid games and different neighbors brought their favorite ice creams! It was so fun to learn new things about our friends and neighbors!
I learned how to crochet around baby blankets! Thanks to Aunt Sherma (Andy's ultra-talented, wonderful Aunt) for teaching me how to crochet! This blanket is for our Stake Humanitarian project.
Here is a close up of the stitch (you can tell it was my first one but I am so pleased!).

No comments:

Post a Comment