Saturday, October 30, 2010

Another Outdoor Adventure

Andy and I took another little outdoor adventure yesterday! (Which we've wanted to do ever since we went hiking in Logan Canyon and playing at Bear Lake). We canoed to Cutler Dam! :) I didn't really know that much about Cutler Dam... so I did a very small amount of research. If you want to see exactly where we canoed, go to google earth, type in Cutler Dam, Utah, find where it is marked on your map, then find the road marked 23, which is also the 6800 W road, that is where we started! It was seven miles round trip (Andy computed for me). I also found out that Cutler Reservoir contains largemouth bass, crappie, catfish, walleye and a few perch. My dad would like to know that! :)

So, on with the trip! Here's my hubba hubba Andy getting the canoe on the car.
Of course, I sat in the front seat of the canoe, as that is the most appropriate place for the less-strong person! I was very well suited for my seat, as I paddled a lot and Andy moved us a lot!

Not far into our canoeing adventure we had our first wild life sighting! Deer! (Not that they are really that wild). There were about three dozen residing in this green area. Andy made some cool sounds and scared them all away (which was neat because we got to count them!)
Then Andy's awesome eyes found this owl in a tree! So we canoed over and had a look. We even watched this owl take flight from fright of us!
Another picture of the man who did most of the work!
This was our favorite part of the trip! In the middle of the picture is a really rocky area! It really reminds me of a scene from Lord of the Rings, and I was sure that around the next bend we would find large statues of the Kings of the past!
Here's a close up of those rocks!
Of course, there were no large statues, just Cutler Dam! (Isn't it impressive?) That small line from the left side of the picture to the right side of the picture a little above the water line, that is the dam!
Well, after our awe at the dam, we realized what time it was, that our babysitter had a party to go to, and that we had better paddle like the wind! So off we went! Only at first Andy didn't paddle at all! I was working so hard... but we weren't going very far! It was so funny! I turned around and laughed at Andy! He laughed to, took a picture, and then got to work! We paddled as fast as we could and luckily made it home in time for the babysitter to get to her party!
Of course we couldn't call it a day without a picture of us together, so we grabbed a snapshot and flew home to the children, who were safe, happy and well entertained! What a great retreat!


2 comments:

  1. Loved your post!!! What a fun outing--and what beautiful "spooks" for Halloween!! Thanks for making our days so special!

    ReplyDelete