Friday, November 20, 2009

Our Little Snow Angels and Some FHE Fun


So, it snowed! And, it was so fun for the girls! After school on Monday, they squealed with delight as they turned themselves into snow bunnies and dove outside to play! It made me so happy I had to stop making dinner and take a few pictures. Aren't they so cute? After they threw snowballs and made snow angels, they borrowed our neighbors kid-sized snow shovels and moved snow from one part of the lawn to another. I love watching how the "little things" make my girls so happy. And I think, it really is the little moments that matter, as my sister, Wendy, would say. Little moments like making snow angels in the snow, or moving snow from one part of the lawn to another. I am so glad they have each other to play with.

Of course, that is just where the fun started! After playing in the snow, they came in for dinner and Family Home Evening. Well, since our girls are 5, 3, and 1, they only sit still for very short periods of time. By the time the opening song was over, we had Lia the ballerina dancing around the room and the older girls giggling and laughing at her (obviously they weren't singing the song). It made me think of Elder Bednar's latest conference talk, where he talked about being consistent with Family Home Evening. Great talk! go here to read it! http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1117-6,00.html
Luckily, we got a quick lesson in on Gratitude before we lost our patience. It is from an article in the Nov 2009 Friend entitled, "My Gratitude List." We also started a new family Thanksgiving tradition that I am so excited about! We have a big laminated paper turkey (see picture below) with no feathers on him. We also have laminated paper feathers. So, since Monday night (until Thanksgiving) we are making a gratitude list each night on a laminated paper turkey feather and putting it on the big laminated paper turkey we have, until we give the turkey all his feathers! Then on Thanksgiving we will read all "gratitude lists" we have made and express thanks to Heavenly Father for all the blessings we have! The girls have loved it! We certainly have many things to be grateful for!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I think I'll adopt this tradition too.

    ReplyDelete